How to make Galette: Savoury French Crêpes with Océane
You love crepes? How about making savoury ones! Galette!
As well as delicious, thin, sweet crêpes, the French are also known for their tasty savoury crêpes cousins - galette! La Bretagne (Britain, France) has the reputation for having the best galettes (savoury crepes) in the world.
Join us to learn how to make delicious home-made “galette bretonne” with a traditional recipe and tips from French native Océane.
What will we cover?
During the class you will:
- Be guided step by step through a French galette recipe
- Get smart tips to ensure the success of your galette anywhere anytime
- Learn a few French words on the way to add to the authenticity of the experience.
- Learn a bit about the origin of crepes and galette and this particular recipe
- Eat galette together with an assortment of savoury toppings!
What will you need?
This is a cooking demonstration - no materials needed.
- Wheelchair Accessible Space
- Quiet Spaces
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Océane (She/Her) is a French artist entrepreneur who founded Enjoy French (with Oceane), a special language school where people can express their creativity while learning French and experiencing French culture.
Océane is currently developing fun & convivial workshops using interactive and creative activities (such as cooking) to introduce the French language and culture to non-native speakers.
Océane loves crepes (her favourite treat) and is an expert among her friends & family (French and Aussie). She started making crêpes with her mom when she was a little girl and since then, she learnt to master the recipe transmitted from her own grand-ma. Check her out on Facebook or Instagram.
Questions or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.