SHD House Tour: Lane House
Renew's Toowoomba Members' Branch will be hosting tours of three Toowoomba region sustainable houses on Sustainable House Day, 17 October. Visitors will have a chance to talk to the homeowners about their experience of having a sustainable house built and what it is like to live in a thermally comfortable energy efficient home. Designers and builders will be present to answer questions too.
We had lived for 28 years in an 1880s Qlder. Cold, draughty, hard to maintain, four bedrooms 1/4 of an acre garden. We no longer wanted or needed such a large house and garden. Downsized as children left home.
Low external maintenance. 18 x 370 LG panels with Enphase. Reclaim HWS. R2.7 walls, R 4 ceiling plus anticon R1.3. Miglas double glazing. Polished concrete floor throughout/tiles bathroom. 281 M2 block. One car garage plus bike shed. Courtyard. North facing house. 3 x 3000 lts rainwater tanks connected as required to toilets and washing machine, plus one garden tap.
Inner city laneway.
Find out more about this house on the Sustainable House Day website.
Book for our other house tours here:
Tickets and attendance:
- Registration is essential.
- Tickets are free.
- We have a variety of tour times available. You can select a tour time when checking out.
- You will be provided with the house address in your booking confirmation.
- Rob & Bobbie's Home and Lane House are a seven minute drive apart, while Cabarlah House is 25 minutes from Toowoomba City centre. Keep this in mind when booking time slots for tours if you would like to see all three homes.
- Places are limited and bookings are essential. If you are unable to attend after purchasing a ticket, please cancel it so that your place can be made available for other people who may wish to attend.
- Please keep an eye on your email inbox for changes to this event. We will cancel it if required by COVID restrictions.
- Renew depends on the generosity of our community to continue its valuable work. We would welcome your donation via the additional donation option when choosing your ticket.