Learn to Spin with Michelle and Rose
Beginning Spinning Full day class.
Learn the basics of spinning with a spinning wheel in just one day.
Do you have a spinning wheel lying around that you would like to learn to use? Maybe you learnt as a child and need a refresher?
After this course you will understand the basics of yarn construction. You will learn the basics of using a spinning wheel and adjusting its tension. We aim to teach you how to spin a basic 2-ply yarn from wool fibre.
- Semi-worsted spinning (flicker) in the grease
- Wool spinning (rolags) in the grease
- Spinning pre-dyed sliver
- Plying & winding into a skein on niddy-noddy
- A Fibre Pack is included. This comprises raw unwashed wool and undyed commercial sliver (combed).
- Spinning wheel with at least 3 bobbins (a limited number of wheels are available from equipment hire on the day, please indicate when choosing tickets if you need a wheel)
- Lazy Kate (if you have one)
- Niddy-noddy (if you have one)
- Hand cards (if you have them)
- Flicker (if you have one)
There will be a 30 minute lunch break - BYO lunch. Coffee and tea provided. Microwave and Fridge available.
Minimum of 2 students, the class will be cancelled 48 hours prior if the minimum is not met. Refunds will only be considered if requested more than 48 hours beforehand.