Macedon Ranges Network Meeting
Join us for the Macedon Ranges Network Meeting to share ideas and experiences on implementing sustainability initiatives and education with other local teachers.
Come along to Gisborne Montessori School and have the opportunity to hear from local guest speakers discuss sustainability in Macedon Ranges and find out tips for your school along the way.
This Networking Meeting has a focus on school gardens and sustainability.
At this meeting, you will hear from Guest Speakers:
- Emma Stevens about the Junior Landcare Program- Gisborne Montessori have been very active participants in the program.
- The Seed Savers Network- how to collect, save and store a range of seeds. How to make a seed saving packet. How seed saving can reduce costs associated with school gardens while meeting educational outcomes. The importance of seed sovereignty.
- Rebeka Ritchie about how Gisborne Montessori use their school grounds as learning spaces, the importance of their garden spaces for students and the school. Challenges and Solutions. The network meeting includes a tour of the school and the gardens.
- Rebecca Munnery permaculture teacher and school parent. What is permaculture, how does it work in a school garden.
- Student Animal Care Crew will discuss what animals they have at school, what benefits the animals bring, challenges and solutions.
There will be the opportunity to ask questions and explore each topic further in dedicated networking and question time. Tea and coffee and a light morning tea will be provided.
Please note this program is designed specifically for Victorian Schools. You may be eligible for half-day CRT cost coverage, if attending this event.
Please contact Regional RSS at firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out more.
If you are not a school or stakeholder and interested in this workshop, please contact RegionalRSS@sustainability.vic.gov.au