Maintenance of vegetated WSUD assets
South Australian Councils have identified a need to improve water sensitive urban design asset maintenance programs to enhance or restore functionality of those assets. In addition, we expect that over the next two years more SA Councils will look to outsource maintenance of their WSUD assets to landscape and civil contractors. This course is an opportunity for Councils to build in-house capacity, or for contractors to set themselves apart and become a specialist in this field.
Improve your knowledge and skills of appropriate maintenance techniques
and regimes, and associated costs, to aid efficient and effective asset
- identify maintenance and rectification issues, including simple ways to rectify underperforming WSUD assets via case studies
- condition assessment audits
- plan and undertake maintenance of sedimentation basins, bioretention swales/basins, raingardens, constructed wetlands and sedimentation ponds
- unit rates for the range of maintenance activities identified for the asset types
- develop the case for improved maintenance regimes and associated budgets
- site visits including Tonsley wetlands and raingardens.
Please go to the Maintenance of WSUD assets training webpage for more information and to download the program ...