Nāda Yoga Workshop + Kirtan with Geeti & Gyan - Canberra
Free your voice, uplift your vibration and open your heart through the power of sound (nāda) yoga, kirtan & sound healing.
Nāda (Sound) Yoga Workshop 2 - 3.45pm
Open to a sanctuary of peace and joy within through ancient Indian sound based practices to settle the nervous system, awaken dormant energy and free blockages in your voice.
Kirtan & Sound Healing 4.15 - 6.15pm
Elevate your thoughts and emotions, purify and boost your energy and expand your awareness through the healing power of this singing yoga practice, followed by an integrative, soothing sound bath.
Geeti & Gyan are accomplished and experienced nāda yoga teachers, kirtanists and sound healers from Sydney, whose purpose is to create pathways to love in service of humanity and the Earth, inspiring us to open and deepen into the love we are.
They love offering inclusive spaces through their music and facilitation which support people to relax, let go, express, heal and feel deep nourishment and peace.
Nāda Yoga, Kirtan & Sound Healing are simple yet powerful ways to help:
- settle our nervous system,
- enhance relaxation,
- release stress,
- bring focus and clarity,
- boost our immune system,
- energise and uplift our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE WORKSHOP AND TAKE HOME WITH ME?
* A simple and powerful vocal toning technique devised by Sudhanshu Sharma that will calm your nervous system, open the different dimensions of your voice and ground you in the centre of our being.
* Learn / review and practice the empowering Indian SARGAM classical Indian scale which helps to activate, energise and balance our voice and our chakras.
* Learn and practice a rāga based kirtan, with pronunciation and meaning, to transport us into a sanctuary of peace within.
* An enhanced ability to listen deeply and connect with a source of inner stillness and peace.
* More confidence and freedom in your vocal expression and an expanded and lighter heart!
EXPERIENCING KIRTAN & SOUND HEALING WITH GEETI & GYAN:
* A beautiful opportunity to be together in an intimate setting, immerse ourselves in the medicine of mantra and connect with our hearts and voices in common-unity.
* Geeti & Gyan's East-meets-West kirtan style fuses the traditional with the contemporary, and features a variety of instruments including harmonium, guitar, cajon, manjira and flute.
* Their kirtans are multicultural, reflecting their inclusivity of all cultures and religions.
* Geeti and Gyan incorporate celestial and grounding instruments into their opening meditations and closing sound baths, such as Alchemy crystal and Tibetan singing bowls, hand pan, sansula and chimes, for deep relaxation, healing and integration.
I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OF NĀDA YOGA OR KIRTAN! CAN I STILL COME?
Yes! This program is suitable for those who have prior experience as well as absolute beginners who might feel very shy about singing!
We will provide a supportive and non-judgemental environment so that everyone can feel safe to freely explore their singing voice and express themselves fully.
“Practising Nāda Yoga with Geeti & Gyan has opened up so many treasures and is one of my most favourite things to do. So blessed to receive the deep connection, softness and openings each week. Thank you!” - Athena
Limited spaces available! - so please book soon to secure your place.
2 - 3.45pm Nāda (Sound) Yoga Workshop
3.45 - 4.15pm REFRESHMENTS + SNACKS INCLUDED
4.15 - 6.15pm Kirtan + Sound Healing
FULL PROGRAM (refreshments + snacks INCLUDED):
Early Bird $79 Full $89
NĀDA YOGA WORKSHOP ONLY:
Early Bird $49 Full $55
KIRTAN & SOUND HEALING ONLY:
Early Bird $35 Full $39
EARLY BIRD please book by 25 Feb!
Prices + a booking fee.
Location: Flow Yoga, Canberra
More information contact Geeti on 0418407984 or email email@example.com
WHAT IS NĀDA YOGA?
Nāda Yoga is a spiritual path of exploring our consciousness through sound. The aim of Nāda Yoga is to purify and harmonise our gross and subtle fields of energy in alignment with our natural vibration.
WHAT IS KIRTAN?
Kirtan is a form of Nāda Yoga (yoga of sound) and Bhakti Yoga (yoga of the heart) combining ancient sanskrit sounds (mantras) with melody and rhythm offered in dynamic call and response.
WHAT IS MANTRA?
Mantra is a vehicle, tool and sound vibration to bring the mind from a state of flux to stillness. When the mind is still, we are truly ourselves – peaceful, loving, blissful and free!
WHAT IS SOUND HEALING?
Presence + healing intention + sound = sound healing.
The pure, clear vibrations of sound healing instruments (including voice) have the capacity, allied with presence and healing intention, to restore our natural resonance and bring us back into harmonic balance.
For more info, visit:
More About Geeti and Gyan:
Geeti & Gyan are a Sydney-based kirtan and conscious music duo who bring a joyful presence to their innovative fusion of mantra, heart song, meditation, yoga and sound healing to celebrate the beauty of the heart.
They are also core members of the popular kirtan group 'Sound Samadhi', which has been offering monthly kirtan to community for over a decade.
Geeti is certified Nāda yoga teacher with the ‘Heart of Sound’ teacher training. She continues her music and vocal training with her teacher Sudhanshu Sharma.
She holds a diploma of 1-1 sound healing with the Academy of sound healing is also a qualified Soul Motion conscious dance and Kiryuho movement facilitator.
Gyan is an accredited hatha yoga, mantra and meditation teacher, kirtanist and singer-songwriter. He also holds a diploma of 1-1 sound healing with the Academy of sound healing.
‘Geeti and Gyan’ offer regular concerts, classes, workshops and retreats both in person and online and also love invites!
They are also available for 1-1 private sound healing sessions and music tuition (online or in person) upon request.
Geeti and Gyan are also excited about releasing some of their recently recorded music soon!
For more info, visit: