Raising the Roots for Food Equity
The Massachusetts Avenue Project (MAP) invites you to our 5th Annual "Raising the Roots for Food Equity" fundraiser on Saturday, September 23rd from 12pm to 4pm at MAP's Urban Farm, Farmhouse and Community Food Training Center located at 387 Massachusetts Avenue.
This is a farm-to-fork tasting event featuring 9 local chefs and food businesses who will be preparing signature dishes starring seasonal produce grown by local farmers including MAP's urban farm. Guests can indulge in farm fresh foods along with a selection of beer, wine, and other beverages at various stations while enjoying live music, exploring our farm and various activities!
Taste farm fresh foods prepared by:
- Big Big Table
- Boom! Pie
- Butter Block
- Community Beer Works
- Extra Extra Pizza
- KT Caribbean Cuisine
- Mint & Plant Soul Vegan
- Smita's Cookery
Sip on beverages brewed & crafted by:
Have fun on the farm with:
- Live Music by Comienzos
- Stitch Buffalo plant dye project (experiment with plant dyes and take home your creation!)
- Bouquet Bar (first 3 stems are on us! additional stems $1 each suggested donation)
- Honey Bee demo with Andrea and Mike (say hello to some of MAP's bees and taste their summer honey!)
- Farm Tour with Farm Manager, Katie (learn about MAP's farm philosophy and growing methods while you tour the farm)
- Art installation on the Farm by MAP Youth (see the farm through their eyes, art works from our Growing Green youth program will be on display)
We believe that good food has the power to build strong communities, and that's exactly what Raising the Roots aims to achieve. By bringing together chefs, farmers, and food enthusiasts like us, we create a vibrant environment where we can all unite around our shared passion for a more equitable food system here in Buffalo. We hope you join us!