The Birth of a Family - Postpartum Preparation Workshop for Couples
Our physiological and biological design during the early weeks of Postpartum, naturally want to be aligned with receiving warmth, support, nourishment, connection and opportunities for deep rest and within a safe cocooned environment.
This level of care has been practiced traditionally within many Cultures over centuries.
Unfortunately, our modern way of living has lost its connection with these customs and have mostly bypassed consideration of this crucial time, this “Sacred window” of transition that requires just as much nurturing for the Mother as it does the Newborn and the other members of the family.
This vital time of receiving is short, yet if neglected, can have an effect that could very well last a lifetime not just for Mother and Baby but for the whole family.
Are you important enough to prioritize your wellbeing during this time?
This upcoming workshop, is for couples and will be facilitated over one day from 10.30am - 2.30pm within a safe, comfortable and supportive space, bringing an awareness to the following and more:
- Preparing simple space/spaces to help ground and orientate you bringing a feeling of safety and familiarity to daily life.
- Learning/re- learning a more functional approach to navigating the first weeks and months of Postpartum.
- Bring awareness to the importance of the symbiotic period (6-8 weeks postpartum)
- How can you be supported during this time and how you can work with the resources you have available or need to access.
- Create realistic expectations to help provide a safe sanctuary within your home for optimal recovery
- Exploring the level of support and understanding partners require during this transition.
- Appropriate communication to familiarise with as you enter this time
- The importance of the "Prepared Adult" and what this means.
- How to prepare the home environment to support respectful womb to world transition for your Newborn from a Montessori Perspective.
The intention of this space is also to create connections with other expectant families...bringing in the sense of "Village"
There will be a maximum of 4-6 couples only to accommodate a personal space holding.
Light lunch and teas provided.
The fee is per couple.
For more information contact Michelle 0425 300 992