To The POint: A Purple Orange webinar series about the NDIS
With the NDIS Review underway, we are publishing a series of papers to help stimulate conversations about the future of the Scheme. Each fortnight, we will tackle a different topic of reform that we think is critical to the work of the NDIS Review. The week after we publish each paper, we'll be hosting a webinar in our series, To The POint.
We strongly believe that the NDIS is an essential component of ensuring that Australians living with disability get a fair go at what life has to offer, but it must be strengthened and sustained. We are committed to playing a constructive role in developing ideas for reform that ensure the Scheme delivers on its original promise.
We invite you to join the conversation, by registering for one or more of the webinars below.
Paper and webinar topics and dates
- Paper No. 1: Restoring simplicity and choice to the NDIS participant pathway | Paper release date: Wednesday 22 February | Webinar date: Monday 27 February
- Paper No. 2: Unlocking genuine grassroots connections is key to LAC success |Paper release date: Monday 6 March | Webinar date: Tuesday 14 March
- Paper No. 3: Rethinking NDIS assessment tools to drive simplicity and equity | Paper release date: Monday 20 March | Webinar date: Monday 27 March
- Paper No. 4: Raising the bar for authentic community participation | Paper release date: Monday 3 April | Webinar date: Tuesday 11 April
- Paper No. 5: Imagining more in NDIS home and living options | Paper release date: Monday 17 April | Webinar date: Thursday 27 April (new date)
- Paper No. 6: Balancing natural and formal safeguards for effective oversight | Paper release date: Monday 1 May | Webinar date: Monday 8 May
- Paper No. 7: Closing employment gaps essential for NDIS to fulfil its promise | Paper release date: Monday 15 May | Webinar date: Monday 22 May
- Paper No. 8: Thinking about NDIS values: means versus ends | Paper release date: Monday 29 May | Webinar date: Thursday 8 June (new date)
- Paper No. 9: ILC a key to the Scheme’s success and sustainability | Paper release date: Tuesday 13 June | Webinar date: Monday 19 June
- Paper No. 10: Topic TBA | Paper release date: Monday 26 June | Webinar date: Monday 3 July
- Paper No. 11: Topic TBA | Paper release date: Monday 10 July | Webinar date: Monday 17 July
- Paper No. 12: Topic TBA | Paper release date: Monday 24 July | Webinar date: Monday 31 July
- Paper No. 13: Topic TBA | Paper release date: Monday 7 August | Webinar date: Monday 14 August
- Paper No. 14: Topic TBA | Paper release date: Monday 21 August | Webinar date: Monday 28 August
All webinars are held from 12.30pm - 1.15pm, Adelaide time (ACDT/ACST). Dates and times are subject to change.
You are able to register for one or more webinars by selecting 'Get Tickets' and choosing the relevant event date/s. Registrations for each webinar close at 10am ACDT/ACST on the day of the webinar. A Microsoft Teams link will be sent to the email you used to register, two hours before the webinar commencing.
To read papers as they are released and the keep up-to-date with paper and webinar topics, you can:
Please note that this these sessions will be recorded for internal purposes only. By registering and attending, you consent to JFA Purple Orange recording the webinar and using your contributions to inform future work. When you register to attend, you will be asked to acknowledge that you understand this privacy notice.