WA Spring Athletics Program - Cannington
Winter Athletics Program
Dates: Tuesday 10 October - Tuesday 12 December (10 weeks)
Time: 4:15pm - 5:15pm
Location: Ern Clark Athletic Track, lot 6107, LOT 4465 Wharf St, Cannington WA 6107
- Special Olympics Athlete Members: $160 ($16 per week), per participant
- Non-member participant: $210 ($21 per week), per participant
Special Olympics Sport Training Programs are for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and autism. The programs are focused on the skill development of each athlete, ensuring they are ready to compete at Special Olympics' local, state and national competitions. The program is delivered by qualified coaches, with support from our dedicated volunteers.
- Skill-development workout drills, activities and assessments
- Individual goal setting for athletes
- Practice competition opportunities
- Performance feedback and support
Who can get involved?
- Registered Special Olympics athlete members and non-member participants
- Athletes who want to improve their skills to compete in upcoming local, state and national competitions.
- Athletes who are comfortable in a group setting, where support is provided at a 1 staff to 5 athlete ratio.
How to register:
To join the program, athletes must register online via this page by Sunday 15 October.
Kindly note, coaches will need to see each participant's program confirmation email at the first training session.
If you have any queries on the program, or need support in registering, please contact Special Olympics WA office on email@example.com or 1300 225 762.
Special Olympics and NDIS Goals:
The types of NDIS goals this program can help a person achieve include:
- Social and Community Participation
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal Development
If you require extra support with making an NDIS claim for the program, please reach out to the Special Olympics WA office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 225 762.