Sydney Science Trail : Diverse Learners Day
Sydney Science Trail: Diverse Learners Day
The Sydney Science Trail’s Diverse Learners Day is designed for groups requiring a more flexible timetable or higher educator to student ratios, such as home-school groups, support classes, EAL/D students or students with diverse needs. This new trial format is open to students across Years 3–11. There are no minimum bookings and educator ratios are flexible.
With live on-site activities, workshops with hands-on approaches to learning and thrilling stage shows, the day delivers fun and inspiring science in smaller group sizes and with more support for students to learn at their own pace.
Don't miss out on this celebration of science! Explore the full excursion program and book your spot now.
Students: Years 3–11 | Friday 18 August | 9:30 – 2:30pm
Primary and Secondary Program bookings for Monday - Thursday are via this website.
Sessions: Entry includes up to four different sessions across the day
- Threatened Bird Species Show at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- Sydney Science Trail Expo at the Australian Museum
- Interactive STEM Workshop (choice of four, see ticket types)
- Self-guided experience of either the Australian Museum or the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Groups of up to 20 students and educators rotate through up to four 60-minute sessions across two historic venues – two sessions at the Royal Botanic Garden and two sessions at the Australian Museum.
· Morning sessions: 9.30 – 10:30 and 10.30 – 11:30
· Lunch and change venues: 11.30 – 12.30
· Afternoon sessions: 12.30 – 1:30 and 1.30 – 2:30
A flexible timetable can be negotiated depending on students requirements. Groups can choose to skip a session if they require a longer lunch or need to arrive or leave early. Please contact us directly at email@example.com or 9231 8333 to discuss. Our FAQ's may be able to provide more details
Final schedules will be emailed closer to the event.
To start your booking you'll need to choose one of the 4 workshops