The Emotional Culture Deck 'Have a Play' - workshop presented by Lotty Roberts
The Emotional Culture Deck - 'Have a play' Workshop
For Leaders who care about humanising the workplace. Come and have a play with The Emotional Culture Deck.
In this highly interactive and hands-on workshop, you'll learn how to use the Emotional Culture Deck in 3 key areas we believe are a essential to successful leadership:
- EFFECTIVE TEAM CHECK-INS
- HUMAN CENTRED LEADERSHIP
- LEADING CHANGE
- IMPACTFUL STAKEHOLDER & CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS.
You will be posed a bunch of 'beautiful questions' to explore around these 3 areas and use the ECD as tool to navigate these questions.
It’s a ‘sandpit environment’ where you come along, get your hands on the deck and experiment and learn together.
This half day event is a must have addition to your leadership development that you can use straight away and literally 'out of the box'.
There are only 20 spots availble so get in quick.
Better workplace culture starts with the F word. Feelings.
Most organisations underestimate the influence emotion has on their culture and leadership. But as a people leader, you know that when engagement and morale improve, so do productivity and employee retention. The Emotional Culture Deck adds a powerful tool to your belt for enabling human conversations and bottom-up culture change.
Increase engagement and morale
The emotional culture of an organisation influences employee satisfaction, wellbeing, burnout, teamwork, and even hard measures such as financial performance and absenteeism. But organisations (and leaders) often don’t talk about emotion. Many lack confidence in their ‘soft skills’.
Have the right tools on hand to help your organisation thrive
The Emotional Culture deck helps you flip that conversation. It’s a simple card game toolkit that helps leaders uncover what truly motivates their people, and map desired team culture. As empathy, connections, and trust develop, results go up - and your people advice proves its value yet again.
Drive human conversations about what really matters in the workplace
In this workshop come play with the ECD and learn how to use the Emotional Culture Deck to drive human conversations about what really matters in the workplace.
What the ‘ECD Have a Play’ workshop is:
- An introduction for leaders to 'The Emotional Culture Deck'
- Practical, hands-on and interactive learning that will allow you to understand how you can level up your leadership by embracing the insight of emotions
- A lesson in the three 3 simple ways (with your people, stakeholders and during change) to use the game as a leader to get you started straight away
- The quickest path to gain the confidence to go and play the game with your team, stakeholders and customers
- A great compliment to the ECD Masterclass and learning pathway
What the ‘ECD Have a Play’ Workshop is not:
- Not a pathway to certification or accreditation in The Emotional Culture Deck
- Not teaching you how to use the game as part of culture change
- Not a lecture on the theory of the concept of emotional culture
- Not a presentation of case studies (although ECD Certified Consultants are encouraged to share anecdotes and stories throughout the workshop about how they use the ECD and the activities being taught in the workshop).
ECD Have a Play Workshop Presented by...
Lotty Roberts, Founder of MiND.U, Master Elephant Rider and Certified ECD consultant .
Since completing the ECD Masterclass Course in 2019, Lotty Roberts has facilitated over 70 Emotional Culture Deck client workshops, regular 1:2:1's and helped teams of all sizes, in a variety of industries create more healthy and high performing cultures. Lotty is also a regular on the speaking circuit delivering talks and presentations on the power of emotions and emotional leadership,
Lotty's speciality and passion is all about helping leaders, teams and cultures to thrive, flourish and flow in a fast paced world, through the power of mindfulness and embracing emotions. Lotty is the founder of her business, ‘MiND.U’, where she is devoted to helping companies and individuals build the capability, resilience and 'know how' to mindfully flourish, lead and navigate themselves in an ever changing, complex and dynamic environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between this 'ECD Have a Play Workshop' and The ECD Online Masterclass Course?
- The ECD Online Masterclass is the most comprehensive learning experience to help you understand the ECD game and how to use it effectively for a culture change and leadership, you must take part in the ECD Online Masterclass. It teaches you how to run full-team ECD workshops for culture change using the concept of emotional culture. The ECD Have a Play Workshop is in person and the ECD Online Masterclass Course is a self-paced online learning experience. The ECD Have and Play workshops and ECD Online masterclass are designed to beautifully complement each other.
- The ECD Have a Play Workshop teaches you 3 additional ways to use the ECD game as a leader: for leadership development, stakeholder & customer relationships and during change. You don’t learn about these areas on The ECD Masterclass. So by completing the ECD Have a Play Workshop, you’ll be equipped to go away and immediately use The ECD in these areas.
- If you have done the ECD Online Masterclass this is a great addition to your ECD learning journey. Likewise, if you’ve done the ECD Have a Play workshop, then the ECD Online Masterclass is the natural next step if you want to go deeper.
- There is one final difference - Jeremy Dean, founder of riders&elephants and creator of The ECD teaches the ECD Online Masterclass. However the facilitator of the ECD Have a Play Workshop is an ECD Certified Consultant and a licensed partner of The ECD who has been trained by riders&elephants and delivered multiple workshops.
Who hosts ECD Have a Play Workshops?
- The ECD Have a Play Workshop was designed by 'riders&elephants' (who created the Emotional Culture Deck) and Lotty Roberts 'Master Elephant Rider'. Workshops are hosted by ECD Certified Consultant Partners and in this case Lotty Roberts is also the facilitator as well as a co-designer of this workshop. ECD Certified Consultant Partners are the only ones in the world licensed and trained to conduct these workshops. Riders&Elephants have trained all ECD Certified Consultant Partners in the art of ECD conversations. This means that you will learn from an experienced ECD Consultant and 'emotions in the workplace' change maker.
How long is the ECD Have a Play Workshop?
- The workshop is 4 hours long. Come ready to play and be an active participant. This is not the type of event where you sit back and listen as someone lectures you about a topic.
Can I attend the Have a Play Workshop if I have already completed The ECD Online Masterclass?
- Yes absolutely it is possible to attend this workshop if you have already completed the ECD Online Masterclass. It will give you the opportunity to continue to practice with others who are also learning the art of emotional culture conversations (if you have not had the opportunity already) and also some extra ideas of how to use the deck in an easy and relevant way.
Should I do both the Have a Play Workshop and The Masterclass?
- The choice is yours. We recommend doing both. But it depends on how much you want to continue and broaden your learning journey and practice the craft of emotional culture conversations. We believe that attending the ECD Have a Play Workshop will make you an even more effective and courageous ECD Practitioner and leader.
Do you run virtual ECD Have a Play Workshops?
- No. These are live, in-person events only.
Do I gain a certificate or become accredited by completing this ECD Have a Play Workshop?
- No. Obtaining the ECD Certified Practitioner certification is done through the ECD Online Masterclass only.
Do you show us how the ECD can be used with families in this workshop?
- Not specifically during this workshop however there will be a segment dedicated to questions so you could pose this as a question to the facilitator to offer some examples of how the game can be used with your families so that you can take the game home and have more human and empathetic conversations with your family too.
Do I get a physical Emotional Culture Deck as part of this Workshop?
- Oh yeah. As part of your ticket, you'll get two Emotional Culture Decks (value 235 NZD / 149 USD).
What’s the cost difference between the ECD Have a Play Workshop and The ECD Online Masterclass Course?
- The ECD Have a Play Workshop is $399 NZD. And the ECD Online Masterclass is 615 NZD. This is subject to change in the future.
Date and time
Tuesday 19th July 2022
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM NZST
Out Of Office
11 Vivian Street
Wellington, Wellington 6011