PalliCare Fundamentals Unit 3: Symptom Management Strategies - Aged Care
- Understanding end of life care in Australia
- Understanding dying in Australia and who is providing care and support
- Understanding and recognising what is important at end of life
- Understanding and recognising the dying process
- Increasing confidence discussing end of life care and dying?
- Understanding interventions to manage symptoms
- Recognising the importance of communication and planning
- Understanding how to ensure the palliative patient has the choice of place of care and place of death
This unit will assist you and your organisation in meeting standards related to: recognising dying, needs assessment, safe and effective personal care, and clinical care, in accordance with the consumer’s needs, goals, and preferences to optimise health and well-being. Ensuring best practice and person-centred care. Organisational governance.
Aligns with standards:
- National Palliative Care - Care standards: 1, 2 and 4
- National Palliative Care - Governance standards, 7, 8 and 9
- ACQS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
This unit forms part of the Pallicare Fundamentals certificate program, which consists of 6 units. Each unit can be purchased individually or as part of the course. Participants can attend individual sessions but can only receive the ‘PalliCare Fundamentals’ certificate if all 6 sessions are completed.
Focused for Aged Care but also suitable for Health Care Professionals, Carers, Volunteers, HACC or CHSP providers or those interested in learning more about palliative care.
PCT Member: $150.00 for the course or $30.00 per individual unit + GST & Booking Fee
Non-Member: $250.00 for the course or $50.00 per unit. Includes resources + GST & Booking Fee
Not a Member? Join us here: https://www.pallcaretas.org.au...